The holidays are a special time for my family. Both Thanksgiving and Christmas have come to bear special meaning for us. We have several traditions in place surrounding both days that help us to avoid the all commercialization, and instead to focus on qualities that demonstrate the true meaning of them both.
This series, The Gifts of the Holidays, is a series of posts that I will write this year, describing those characteristics, as well as some of our family traditions, both old and new, that we enjoy.
This page will serve as a landing page for each of the posts in this series. From here, you will be able to navigate to each post.
- The Gift Of Gratefulness
- The Gift Of God’s Provision
- The Gift Of Family
- Our Tradition: Expressing Thanks
- Our Tradition: Decorations And Movies
- The Gift Of Peace
- The Gift Of Joy
- The Gift Of Hope
- Our Tradition: Family Advent Nights
- The Gift Of Acceptance
- The Gift Of Forgiveness
- Our Tradition: Christmas Eve Candle Light Service
- The Gift Of Love
- The Gift Of Life
- Our Tradition: Reading The Birth Narrative
- Our Tradition: A Birthday Cake For Jesus